Friday, January 29, 2010

Enough Already!

Recently I've been complaining and it occurred to me that I may be complaining too much.


So, in the spirit of optimism, "half full", "partly sunny", here goes:


I love pasta.


I really do. I love elbows and spaghetti and linguine but not really penne...for some reason...it's harder to keep on the fork...which maybe should incline me to use a spoon...which I never do although I know people do eat spaghetti with a fork and a spoon...grabbing the spaghetti with the fork and then twirling it in the spoon and then putting it in the mouth.

Too much trouble. Just fork it and stuff it in, guiding it with the fork afterwards with the strands hanging down over the fork and gently rising up by virtue of the suction from the mouth. Very much to the point and taking the spoon part completely out of the equation...plus less silverware to wash if you don't have a dishwasher.


So...pasta.


Especially with garlic and oil, so-called "Alio e Olio." Very Italian, somewhat pretentious, but enormously delicious.


Italic
And "Chili con Carne."


Oh My God! The chopped meat and the onions and the garlic and the beans all smooshed around in a bed of pasta, perfectly al dente...nothing better.


And how about a good lasagne...or lasagna...with an "a"? I'm never sure how to spell it so there you are...both options...you choose...

Anyway...back to lasagn"_"

A good tomato sauce, again with lots of garlic, and good ricotta ("riggotts" if you're a Mafia wannabee) Absolute heaven!

And while I'm at it...what is up with risotto? I really don't get it. By the time you've drenched it in sauce you might as well be eating rice...which is a hell of a lot cheaper. Usually risotto is one of the most expensive things on a menu. Why? Teeny pieces of pasta. So what.

(I just remembered that risotto is rice...I meant orzo...so please substitute orzo for risotto in the above paragraph. Thank you. Risotto is fine but not pasta and therefore not one of my favorite pasta dishes...because, again, it's not pasta. Actually, I'm not that fond of risotto anyway, regardless. FYI)

Oops...complaining again...sorry.

Love pasta. Comfort food. Easy to cook. Easy to eat, spoon not withstanding, Always good.

And my favorite of all time has to be Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese. Not the store brand which is cheaper but not as good and never the stuff made to look like some cartoon character. I'm not interested in eating little Spongebobs or little Mickeys...spare me.

Just the plain old, time tested, wonderful, international orange, macaroni and cheese. And I can eat a whole entire box. No...you can't have some. Get your own. It's only $1.00 a box. My treat!

I love pasta.

I hate Washington but I love pasta.

"Let them eat noodles"...which will actually be the story in a few years when the Chinese formally take over. Lo mein. "Remember the Mein!"

To hell with optimism...complaining is more fun.

"Damn the risotto...full boil ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment