Monday, January 28, 2013

Predictions!

This is the 43rd Annual KW Predictions Post.  Well, actually it's really the 1st but calling it the 43rd gives it a more credible sound, n'est-ce pas?

In light of the Ravens-Niners matchup on Super Bowl Sunday I predict the Ravens by 7.

I make this prediction with no scientific backup at all.  Furthermore I am a Niners fan having lived in San Francisco when they won the championship against the Bengals.  It was incredibly exciting and I can still hear The City screaming when I opened the sliders on my friend's San Bruno deck after Dwight Clark made "The Catch" during the playoffs.  It was a wonderful time in the City by The Bay.

So I pick the Ravens.  I pick them for three reasons:

1)  They are due, especially after the Colts went to Indianapolis and left Baltimore, poor "Ballmer" without Johnny Unitas' team.

2)  Michael Oher's story was so brilliantly told in "Blindside" that I can't imagine rooting for any other team.  And I don't want to get a look from Leigh Anne Tuohy at anytime during my lifetime, should I have the honor of meeting her and she had read my predictions and they weren't for the Ravens to win.  Not ever...

3) My wife is cheering for the Ravens.

Personally, I am not a huge sports fan.  To be completely honest I really don't care that much.

I grew up in New York and I suppose I am a Yankee fan, mostly because my folks were to the extent that they cared.  But I lived in Massachusetts for 25 years and therefore have an affection for the Red Sox.

But then again, I like the Brewers logo and the Mets have a new stadium (even though it will always, and forever be Shea...) and I saw the Marlins once when I was in Miami on a project.

But, truth be told, I wish the Cubs would win one.  Once.  In my lifetime.  I've only been to Chicago a few times and my mother was born there but the Cubbies deserve one.  If the Red Sox can have a World Series title then the Cubs should have one too.  It only seems fair...no?
So...the Ravens by a touchdown.

My pick.  Take it to the bank.  Bet on it.

If anybody knows sports it's me.  And my wife.

We know sports.

Pass the Gatorade please.  And since there are no wings may I please have more hummus?

Mmmmmmm.  Nothing like the Super Bowl and Hummus.

Or Tabouli.  Or Carob brownies.  Or Tofu dogs.

Let's party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment