Friday, January 25, 2013

Law and Disorder

Help me...PLEASE!

I'm addicted.  I can't control myself.  I'm a junkie.  And I'm smitten.  I have a crush on Law and Order, the Dick Wolf leviathan.

All of the spinoffs, all of the episodes and all of the actors. From Elliot to Huang to Goren, Van Buren, Lennie (may he rest in peace) and McCoy.  I love em' all!

I confess to especially loving SVU or SUV as we call it in my family.  It's available on three of the cable channels and it's almost always the choice when we sit down to watch television.

What I love most is the dialogue.  The characters are so well defined and have such wonderful, sometimes very funny, lines.  Finn is street smart, Munch is the intellectual, Cragen is the Dad and Olivia the gorgeous sister with whom you had better not fool around...on any level.

And Elliot is the tough former Marine with a big heart and a real, manly-man, tattoo. (I think I ran into Christopher Meloni on the street in Manhattan recently but wasn't sure so I didn't bother him, which I now wish I had to tell him how great an actor I think he is and how much he is missed on the show but that I hope he's doing well and what he loves and that we'll see him in something else again soon...)

And the story lines are so twisted!  They are derived from actual crimes but are somehow improved upon.  You think you know what's up and then Wham!  They throw you a curve ball.

It wasn't the personal trainer, it was the janitor.  And he was having an affair with the victim's brother who was a transsexual married to the personal trainer's former father-in-law.

Stuff like that.  And then the ADA takes over and has a confrontation with either Elliot or Olivia or both and then, at the last minute, changes her mind, but it's too late and the guy is acquitted and the music swells and the scene fades to black and the words "Executive Producer Dick Wolf" appear and it's over.

Well only for a second because on the USA Network they often run what they call a "marathon" which consists of back to back, endless (thank you GOD!) episodes from every franchise, all seasons, different casts and a wide range of stories.

Albeit, the program is a bit formulaic and predictable but it is a lot like a hot fudge sundae.  There are many elements and you know exactly what you're going to get and what to expect but it is always satisfying and, after a very short while, you always want another one.

Law and Order.  Olivia and Elliot.  Ham and Cheese.

Somethings are meant to be together.

Trivia Question:

What actor from Sex in The City was in the original cast of Law and Order?

Answer:

Chris Noth

You're welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment