Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rush To Judgement

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

I can't stand Rush Limbaugh. He is a gasbag and hateful man. In an earlier post, entitled "Questioning Authority", I wondered why we take the advice of celebrities in making consumer and political decisions. I wonder, again, why we listen to a man like Limbaugh. Why do we take his word to mean so much, to be the gospel?

There are many reasons for the phenomenon that has kept him on the air and so popular for so many years. He has a relatively large and rabidly devoted fan base of "Dittoheads."

Fine. Those people have chosen to tune him in.

I choose not to.

My perogative. My choice. My freedom of expression.

So the best way to avoid listening to Rush Limbaugh is to decide not to listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Sandra Fluke is not a prostitute nor a slut simply because Rush Limbaugh says so. That's an early childhood lesson. "Sticks and Stones", etc.

Just turn him off...or don't turn him on in the first place.

Free speech is one of our most cherished rights.

We shouldn't allow one loudmouth to bring down the Constitution.

It's worth repeating:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No comments:

Post a Comment