Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Call Me Rick

I'm changing my name to Rick.

If I didn't have a lifelong relationship with my last name and so much respect for my father I'd change that too. To Santorum.

I've fallen head over heels, madly, passionately in love with Rick Santorum.

He da MAN!

He whacked Willard and Newtie in 'Bama and Ole Miss. Yippee...!!

It's a two man race now and Rick could go all the way!

Right into the history books as the man who handed Obama the greatest landslide in American political history. Just ahead of Richard Nixon's creaming of George McGovern in '72.

That fact makes me wonder who Willard voted for in that election.
Was he in Massachusetts then? Did he help make that state the only one that voted for McGovern? I doubt it. "Don't blame me. I'm from Massachusetts". Remember those bumper stickers?

But Rick...may I call you Rick?...he, if he gets the nomination, will almost, single-handedly, ensure Obama's return to The White House for four more years.

All of the current buzz about Hillary changing jobs with Biden to help the ticket will be just an undercurrent of white noise if Rick gets the nod. Which will, actually, be better for her because then she'll sail into the Oval Office in '16 giving us, potentially, 16 uninterrupted years of a Democratic president.

Obama will be able to phone it in.

He will be able to devote time to his family and his three point shot. He'll cruise to victory.

Rick Santorum may appeal to the Far Right Hyper Conservative Evangelical voters of the Deep South and elsewhere but when it comes to the general election his views are so far out of the mainstream that he'll be lucky to get his own family to vote for him.

And if he thinks that his sweater vest is going to get the job done he obviously doesn't know very many women...or men for that matter.

I don't know a single female who finds that look sexy or appealing and I, representing the majority of men, as I do, wouldn't be caught dead in one, except on a winter's evening, at a holiday party, sipping egg nog and talking about the outrageous cost of Christmas Trees.

So...keep going Rick, my boy. Move Newtie aside. Knock Willard out. Go to Tampa and kick ass!

Be the standard bearer for the Republican Party in '12.

Be a guest at Obama's Second Inauguration.

But don't forget your sweater. It can get cold on the Capitol steps in January...

No comments:

Post a Comment