Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sounds like...

Have you heard Rick Perry speak? I mean, have you heard his voice? I mean, have you heard the sound of his voice in your ears?

He sounds uncannily like George W. Bush.

Now we all know that W is a New England born preppy who adopted Texspeak because it made him seem more manly. He sounded more like a manly man rather than a Blue Blood patrician snob.

Got it. We all have our affectations. I, for example, am partial to Brooklynese. I was, in fact, born in Queens which, I know, is not Brooklyn but it's close and a bona fide part of New York City...although some very old timers would argue, and not without merit, that Brooklyn is not a part of New York City but a proud city of it's own.

But let's not "go there" and rehash whether or not the Dodgers should have moved to L.A. What's done is done. Get over it and move on.

I am partial to Brooklynese because, when I affect a Brooklyn accent, it makes me sound like a gangster. I sound like a "made man." I am Tony Soprano. Well, actually, I'm Carmine Lupertazzi who is from Brooklyn. Tony is from New Jersey which has it's own accent and is also not a part of New York City although it would like to be...Snooki notwithstanding.

"Yo! I'm ovuh heeyuh now. Fuhgeddabowdit!"

Yeah...that's it. Just call me Joey...or Vin or Sally or Tone. I'm baaaaad now!

But back to Little Ricky. He sounds so much like Bush that it's frightening. Close your eyes and you would swear that you're listening to George.

GOD!!!!

I can't think of anything more unappealing and downright scary than electing a man that sounds like W.

Four to eight more years of that twangy, drawling drivel.

Y'all can do better 'n that!

Republicans should vote Romney. He actually sounds like what W would sound like if he hadn't taken on the Texas thing.

But then again Texas did give us Western Swing. And that's great music. For all of it's bombast, you can't fault Texas completely.

Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys.

Now dat's a beeeyouteeful ting!

1 comment:

  1. One week you want to be Chris Brown in all of your 'gangsta regalia'.
    Then Carmine Lupertazzi from Brooklyn. You seem to have deep seated tendencies toward criminal behavior. You might want to look into Arnold
    Rothstein, Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lansky, all esteemed members of New York's 'Kosher Nostra', also based in Brooklyn.

    p.s. I know a couple of restaurants in Brooklyn where the wise guys
    hang out. Let's go for dinner the next time you're in town !!!!

    ReplyDelete