Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Give it a Rest, Pal...!

My posts have been full of anger and frustration lately.

I figured that today is as good a day as any to take a break, to "cleanse" my palate, as it were.

But before I do I just want to say one thing,

"#%&*!!"

There, it's finally off my chest. I feel much better. I feel free.

So, that said...let's talk Spring.

It's only a month away...officially.

It's my favorite season. Winter blows, we all know that. Summer is good but can be hot, muggy and full of mosquitos, whatever their reason for living is. And Fall ain't too bad but it let's you know that Winter, which, I remind you, blows...is just around the, proverbial, corner.

But Spring...ah, Spring!

Grass, flowers, warmer temperatures, bluer skies. Spring has it all.

After a long, hard, cold, depressive, shovelling Winter the thought of Spring just makes me smile.

Well, not smile, exactly. Sigh is more like it. The kind of sigh you have when you finally get into bed after a very long irritating day and you lay down, find the "sweet spot" and...sigh. That wonderful long intake of air and that nearly orgasmic exhale.

It's over. The day is finally, at long last, over! You're done. Finished. You can relax and sleep. Tommorrow is another day. Can you say "Scarlet?"

That's how this feels. I'm not quite at sigh yet but I'm taking off my shoes. The bed is there, the pillow, the blankets. I'm almost in. I'm almost at inhale.

It's almost over.

This GDMF Winter! OMG! Snow upon snow, shovelful upon shovelful. Cold, wet, overdressed. Scarves, hats, gloves, boots, coats, rock salt...the town PLOW!!!
ALMOST OVER!!!!!

OY! (Jewish for "shit!")

I forgot.

Now comes the lawnmowing.

Jeez...a guy can't win for losing.

Then comes Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and...Christmas. Shopping, crowds, familial issues, wrapping paper.

But then...here comes Spring again.

Yippee!!

Pass the mustard Ella. The dogs are ready to eat!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment