Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Too Famous For My Pants...

Ok, I admit it...I'm very important.

I am at the MIPTV/Doc Television Festival in Cannes, France. I am staying in Antibes. I am eating chevre and baguette and drinking French wine and I have a rental car in a country bedeviled by a transportation strike. I'm living large and...

NOT!

I love France, and don't get me wrong, being here is a delight on many levels...but it ain't what it's cracked up to be.

A slice of pizza costs 10 Euros...about 14 bucks.

Gas is 1.5 Euros a liter or about $5.00 a gallon.

Tolls are outrageous and hotel rooms cost a small fortune.

People in Cannes can be nice, especially the Cannois...but unfortunately there are very few natives here. They have been replaced by poseurs dripping in wealth and finery and completely unaware of how truly ridiculous they appear. Too much plastic surgery and implants and clothing that a mannnequin wouldn't wear. And don't get me going about the friggin' shoes...

The weather has been marginal but that's nobody's fault, except the greedy and unconcious industrialists from Russia and China who have been systematically contributing to global warming and the change in our weather patterns. I would blame the volcano on them but I know that's a stretch..maybe...

So...celebrity? No.

Exhausted businessman in need of a foot massage? Without question!

But a bad day in Cannes is better than a good day in Gary, Indiana so I ain't complainin'...well maybe a little bit. I really wanted the snails but didn't have a second mortgage to give up.

Boo hoo...poor me. I guess I'll just have the cake...

Garcon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment