Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a...

...Green Springtime!

Oy...the snow.

I know..."You don't like the weather? Move!"

I wish I could.

But I can't so I should just make the best of it...right?

Snowball fights. Snowmen. Skiing. Hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire.

Right.

Shovelling snow. Dirty snowbanks. Cold. Too many clothes.

But I do have to admit that the Currier and Ives of it all is a little bit of a reward. When I looked out the window this morning it was, I'll concede, very beautiful.

The evergreen branches were drooping under the weight of the snow. The yard was covered as if it had been freshly painted, hiding the brown spots.

The neighborhood was quiet and we were cozy...yes, in front of the fire, lapdog and all...hot coffee in hand and peaceful.

Dreaming of spring. The smell of the flowers and the lawn. The freshness of the air. The warmth. Just a sweater or a light jacket. The beach...

I love spring. It's my favorite season, moreso than summer. It's the perfect temperature and the bugs aren't out yet. The winter is gone and the long months of summer await.

May and then June...heaven on Earth.

But, in the spirit of generosity and optimism, I'll try to enjoy today. Today is what I have now. Right now. Tomorrow is yet to come.

Today works. Today is good.

I'm dreaming of a...

1 comment:

  1. I'm very thankful to the author for posting such an amazing development post. Continuing to the post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete