Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yes, I Probably Can...!

Two recent events highlight, and reaffirm, my overriding sense of the possible.

Note that we live in an era of "NO."

Everyone is quick to tell you why you can't do something rather than support you in achieving your goal.

Maybe out of jealousy, maybe out of frustration, maybe out of a lifetime of reality.

Who knows but most of the time we hear "no" rather than "yes"...ergo...we have much more failure than we should/could.

So...in view of all of that, here's what happened.

Number One:

My hot water heater is not working properly. A few minutes of lukewarm water...that's all we get.

I went online and found an electric water heater that was being given away...
for free!

I went to the location, disconnected the unit from the electrical panel, drained the water and my wife and I carefully hauled it up from the basement and put it in my truck for the slow journey to my cellar.

I'll install it tomorrow. I can do basic plumbing and the electrical hookup is a piece of cake.

Savings:

Water tank...$450
Plumber......$450

Total:.......$900

Number Two:

The collar that holds the garbage disposal onto the kitchen sink fell apart. We researched a replacement. The best we could do was order it from a supplier in Anaheim, California. It would take 10 days and, with shipping, cost $30.

Then my wife called the manufacturer and, when she told the operator that the piece had deteriorated, the woman said that she'd send out a new one for delivery in a couple of days...again, for free!


And I can reinstall it in 5 minutes.

Savings:

Collar....$30
Plumber..$100

Total:...$130


So...when people say "NO" just reply "YES" and see what happens.

Who knows...you just might get "IT" for free!

What a concept!!

No comments:

Post a Comment