Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jew...Not a Jew...

What the hell is wrong with Joe Lieberman? And while I'm at it, John McCain?

Take away Shahzad's rights? Are you out of your motherf***ing minds? And just when the rest of the world thinks we're getting back to our moral roots...?

During World War II millions of Jews (and others) were deprived of their rights, simply, and only, because they were Jews. They were seen, by the Third Reich, as a threat to German society.

John McCain, during the Vietnam Conflict was deprived of his own rights simply, and only, because he was an American, seen by the North Vietnamese as a threat to their society.

Faisal Shahzad is an accused criminal. He is an American Citizen and is seen as a threat to American society.

He allegedly placed a would be bomb in Times Square (I was a few blocks away at the time, incidentally...)that, had it detonated, would have undoubtedly killed many bystanders.

Allegedly...

We live, in this country, under a system of laws designed to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. We, supposedly, don't live in a dictatorship where people are stripped of their rights and dignity simply because the rulers don't like what they do...however egregious or antisocial.

Lieberman and McCain, again for seemingly political purposes, appear to have abandoned their own personal heritage and formerly good sense.

They should be ashamed.

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

--Pastor Martin Niemöller, 1945

Hey Joe! Hey John!!

WAKE UP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment