Monday, August 16, 2010

Quandary.com

Forgive me..and help me if you can, dear reader...but I find myself in somewhat of a moral dilemma...

Pakistan.

We read that thousands of people have been affected by the floods in that country.

We read of the misery that Pakistanis are suffering through.

We read that the U.S. is about to send millions in aid money, in part, to bolster our sagging image there, but also to help.

Part of me hears about the tragedy and wants to help. I feel sorry for the people who are going through this ordeal. I feel a rush of humanitarianism.

Yet, on the other hand...I am thinking, "you're getting your just desserts." After all it is you who are helping to foment unrest by colluding with the Taliban...the very Taliban who conducted a stone-age ritual stoning bringing about the deaths of two people.

It is you who are helping to confuse the War in Afghanistan and, by so doing, causing the death of American soldiers and the suffering of their families.

Disaster in Pakistan...we rush to help.

Pakistan is the enemy...we hope for losses.

Which way to turn?

I really don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment